- Next-generation PCE using a network-type and vendor independent approach
- Ability to define true intent-path services that can work with any underlay
- Configures and manages underlay and overlay topologies equally
- Makes migration to segment routing, white boxes or NFV attainable and cost-effective
Lumina Flow Manager enables more simplified and sophisticated traffic engineering of the network with advanced algorithms such as path-computation for efficient traffic flows. Administrators can view and interact with the network topology, using real-time information to perform traffic engineering and network flow direction based on end-to-end views. Flow Manager is based on a next-generation PCE architecture that is independent from vendors or network types using the abstraction power of the Lumina SDN Controller, Powered by OpenDaylight™.
The Lumina Flow Manager application allows you to view the network topology, search for and manage various types of switches, view various topologies within the same group of nodes, and view a summary of switch configuration and operational data by clicking on the icons and viewing node or port tables.
Lumina Flow Manager utilizes a modern UX approach that includes navigation tools on the left with intuitive buttons and right-click menus to get a wide variety of control actions and operational information. The user can select end-point nodes as well as transit nodes across the global topology. Alternatively, the shortest path algorithm can be used. The network topology can also be user-provisioned for strictly controlled networks. For users that prefer a machine or orchestration interface over a GUI, all GUI functions are provided through an API.
- Powerful topology display, PCE and control via OpenDaylight
- OpenFlow and BGP support for topology discover and intent path creation
- User-defined constraints for traffic engineering
- Create Flows with Push MPLS and Pop MPLS actions
- L2VPN, L3VPN, E-Tree/Line service creation
- Comprehensive traffic classification (VLAN, src/dst MAC, src/dst IP, Port, TCP/UDP + others)
- Time-based path re-optimization
- Utilization and link monitoring for fast failover using pre-computed standby paths
- ReactJS-based UX, topology and list display, right click to configure, edit flow tables