Last updated on Sep 2018
Lumina Networks, Inc. (“Lumina” or “We”) values your privacy. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes how we collect, use, and disclose personal information that we obtain about those who visit our website www.luminanetworks.com (the “Site”) and utilize the services available through our Site (collectively, the “Services”). It does not apply to personal information Lumina obtains in its capacity as an employer.
Your use of our Site or Services is subject to this Statement and our Website Use Terms and Conditions available at https://www.luminanetworks.com/legal/.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services. This information may include personal information that will enable you to register for webinars, view videos, listen to podcasts, download whitepapers, Ebriefs, Ebooks, slides, reports, etc., as well as make requests, setup analytics or provide account access. This information may include personal information such as your name, contact and billing information, transaction and credit card information, employer information, phone numbers, and addresses.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Certain areas and features of our Site and Services require user registration. To register you may be required to provide your name, company, title, e-mail address, phone number, and a password you select as well as other information that Lumina may require from time to time. We also may collect additional information from you if, for instance, you create an account with us or one of our resellers, participate in contests or surveys, or submit a job application.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may automatically collect, either ourselves or through third-party service providers such as Google Analytics, certain information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. This information includes your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services; and the URL or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you such as your user name. We may analyze this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, and we may use such aggregate information to administer the Site and gather demographic information for aggregate use. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information collected about you for the following purposes:
- to provide complete transactions and/or provide Services to you, based on our obligation to fulfill our obligations to you or in accordance with the Website Use Terms and Conditions or other agreements with you (performance of an agreement);
- to contract with you and/or your employer, based on our legitimate interest in entering into contracts with clients;
- to provide customer service or otherwise respond to your inquiries, based on our obligation to fulfil our obligations to you in accordance with contractual agreements with you (which may include the Website Use Terms and Conditions or other contractual terms at www.luminanetworks.com) or otherwise based on our legitimate interest in communicating with you regarding the Services and related services we offer;
- to customize the content and information that we may send or display to you to administer the careers portion of the Site and process job applications, based on our legitimate interest in offering relevant information to the users of the Site or career applicants generally;
- for marketing and promotional purposes, based on our legitimate interest in communicating with you regarding the services and related services we offer or based on your consent;
- to respond to your inquiries and/or otherwise communicate with you, based on our legitimate interest to handle your requests and provide effective and satisfactory customer service;
- to send you newsletters or other materials you have subscribed to or otherwise asked for, based on our legitimate interest in communicating with you regarding the Services and related services we offer;
- to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites, based our legitimate interest in promoting our Services and offers;
- to provide updates and send out notices on services, benefits, procedures, changes in terms, conditions and policies or other topics of interest, based on our legitimate interest in communicating with you regarding the Services and related services we offer;
- to better understand how users access and use our Site and Services and for other research and analytical purposes, based on our legitimate interest in having analytics on the Site and Services usage;
- to detect fraud, based on our legitimate interest in detecting fraud;
- to administer other programs that may be offered to customers and end-users of our products and Services, based on our obligation to fulfil our obligations to you in accordance with our contractual agreements which may include the Website Use Terms and Conditions or other terms at www.luminanetworks.com (performance of an agreement) or otherwise based on our legitimate interest in offering access to programs in relation to our products and Services;
- to help us develop, deliver and improve our services, content, advertising and customer communications, based on our legitimate interest in improving our Services and offers;
- to comply with legal requirements, based on our obligation to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information and Why?
We may share the information collected about you as follows:
Lumina Site Users.
Your user name and any information that you post to our Site on public or community pages, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, code, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all registered users.
Affiliates, Partners or Subsidiaries.
Information we collect from you may be shared with our affiliates, partners or subsidiaries, acting on our behalf for the purposes listed above.
Certain information about you may be shared with select resellers, suppliers, contractors and/or distributors, particularly if you or your company have purchased through a third party before, acting on our behalf for the purposes listed above.
Information we collect from you may be disclosed to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
Information we have collected from you may be transferred to another company as part of our merger or acquisition by or with that company.
Public Authorities in Response to Legal Process.
Information we collect from you may be disclosed in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal processes such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
To Protect Us and Others.
Information we collect from you may be disclosed to investigators and government officials where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of our Website Use Terms and Conditions or this Statement.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information.
Aggregate or de-identified information about users may be shared with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
What About Information You Post?
You may be able to post content on our Site once you have created a user account, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site.
What About Links to Other Websites?
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any processing of your personal data resulting from any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Statement, but instead is governed by the privacy statements/policies of those third-party websites. We recommend that you check the privacy statements/policies of other sites you visit before providing any personal information. We do not endorse or make any recommendations or representations about any third party or third-party websites or any information, software or other products or materials found there much less any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this website you do so entirely at your own risk.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction and to help ensure it is used according to this Statement. Where personal data is processed by service providers on behalf of Lumina, we take steps to require those vendors to also implement appropriate administrative, technical, and physical precautions in accordance with applicable data protection laws. It is important to understand, however, that no security is perfect and we cannot guarantee the security of information in transit from your browser to our systems or storage within our systems.
Retention of Personal Information
We only keep your personal information as long as we need to be able to use it for the reasons stated in this Statement but in any case not over three (3) years or longer as required by mandatory law, or for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
How Can You Access Your Personal Information?
What Choices Do You Have Regarding Use of Your Personal Information?
We may periodically contact you via e-mail or telephone with promotional or other information, subject to your prior consent. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail, by clicking on the unsubscribe link or by writing us at General Contact Form. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still contact you about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
What About Children?
Our Site and Services are not designed for and do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
What About California Consumers and non-US Visitors?
How Are Transfers of Data Performed?
Transfers will be made pursuant to the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, relevant national equivalents thereof, or other safeguards in compliance with applicable legal requirements providing for adequate protection in the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EEA and Switzerland.
How Can You Contact Us?
What About Changes to this Privacy Statement?
This Statement is current as of the date of last update set forth above. We may change this Statement from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Statement on our Site, at www.luminanetworks.com. If we make any changes to this Statement that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or by sending you an e-mail message to the e-mail address you have provided. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary use of the Site is subject to the Statement that exists when the Site is accessed.